In ZYEP’s inaugural Performance Academy, over 150 Zuni boys and girls between the ages of 6-12, were provided with the opportunity to apply their highest efforts toward learning and playing the game of football within an environment that was designed to be fun, challenging, and highly supportive. Our empowering approach consisted of providing 20 first time young adult coaches with the education, practice, and mentorship so they could in turn, bring out the best in every kid. Our end-of-the-season assessment indicated that our Performance Academy approach works.
• 99% of our youth participants reported that they enjoyed participating in flag football.
• 93% of the youth participants indicated that they would like to participate in the flag football program next year.
• 94% of the youth that enrolled in the Academy finished the season with their team.
Using the game and their position as positive role models, Performance Academy coaches helped their players develop skills, habits, and attitudes that can have a lasting impact and improve the quality of their lives. At the end of the season:
• 96% of parents indicated that Academy participation helped improve their child’s overall health.
• 94% of parents reported that Academy participation helped improve their child’s school performance.
• 94% of parents indicated that Academy participation helped improve their child’s behavior at home.
What parents said about the Performance Academy:
“It was a great opportunity for my child. She learned discipline, respect, and to work as a team. Thank you ZYEP.”
“This was a great program. As a parent I surely enjoyed the encouragement that was shared by the coaches. Keep up the great work.”
“My child actually looked forward to practice and games. He is not sport oriented, but the coach integrated all the children and we call that a ‘TEAM’. Thank you”
“I’m glad that my son had part of the ZYEP this year. It made a big change in his life, now he is willing to join more sports.”
ZYEP PERFORMANCE ACADEMY
Encouraging the physical, emotional, mental, and social development of Zuni youth through sport programs that foster empowering learning experiences.