Great new things are happening at ZYEP!
- The Zuni Tribal Council has generously entrusted ZYEP with 2 acres of centrally-located land to build Zuni's first turf field! The ZYEP Youth Complex will include the sports field, community gardens, and an outdoor learning space.
- ZYEP was honored to be chosen to host the 2014 Let's Move in Indian Country anniversary event!
- We have expanded ZYEP Sports Leagues to include baseball in the summer and Zuni dance in the winter, giving local youth the opportunity to be physically active all year long.
- Zuni's first traveling soccer teams competing in tournaments and games across the state.
- DY MESA students are tracing the Zuni migration path through a series of camping trips to learn more about Zuni history and culture first hand.
ZYEP - Empowering Zuni Youth.
The chance to explore your surroundings, your culture, and yourself; self-esteem and confidence in your ability to lead a happy and successful life; adults in your life that you know care about you and the decisions you make; positive and fun ways to use your free time learning new things and staying physical active.
ZYEP is a 501(3)(c) non-profit formed by local community members in 2008 to help make these opportunities possible on the Zuni Reservation. At ZYEP, we believe that given the right tools, youth will make healthy decisions that promote their physical and emotional wellness and enable them to reach their fullest potential.
From learning archery and planting a traditional garden at summer camp, to creating Zuni pottery, getting help with homework, and serving the community after school, to being part of a soccer team, ZYEP provides tons of opportunities for Zuni youth to be healthy, culturally-connected, and ready to lead the next generation, with all programs free of charge and open to all.
Thank you for your interest in ZYEP! We hope you take some time tolearn more.